Well, I was hoping my next post would have been about meeting the boys or having them here, but unfortunately that's not the case. Instead, its been a long week of ups and downs. After each phone call I thought of writing something, but things seemed to be changing so fast that we were told something different before I even had a chance to write about what we were just told.
If I would have written something after my last post I would have written about the great deal we found for a crib and changing table we bought.
If I would have written something after that it would have been how I kept my phone with me all day last Monday since that's when we were supposed to hear about our license. I would have written about how frustrated I was once 5 o'clock rolled around and still no phone call. However, I tried to remain patient thinking that maybe state workers weren't coming back until Tuesday.
If I would have written something after that, I would have written about how I didn't hear anything all day on Tuesday until about 5pm and how excited I was when I heard the phone ring and saw it was Youth For Christ. But I wouldn't have had news about our license. Instead I would have written about how we were suddenly told that there were new concerns about the boys being placed together and that we were told that the state was thinking about placing them in separate homes and would get back to us later.
If I would have written something after that, I would have written something a couple days later after we were called back and told that the state decided to keep the boys together, but was now looking at placing them in an "adoptive" home and how that decision would be made sometime after the January 20. Justin and I have had our foster care home inspection, but not our adoption home inspection. We haven't had it yet because we were under the impression that that part did not have to be done until further down the road. Therefore, although our hope in all this is to adopt, we are not yet "adoptive parents."
So now several days later I'm not really sure to write about. Most of it would probably be complaining so I should probably just keep it short. We know God has a plan, but His plan isn't making a lot of sense to us right now. I guess in writing all this the main point is to share with you all the ways we could use prayer right now.
My dear daughter and son...it's not complaining! The Lord knows your hearts! We know your hearts! Thank you for sharing...
ReplyDeleteyes, we continue to come along side you two in this process and as we have come along side you may I also say that we will 'uphold' you too.
So, I close with prayer:
Heavenly Father, thank you for Melissa and Justin! Thank you for who they are and their dreams and desires to serve you in their life! Please continue to bless them in the ways I do not know they need but in Your love You know! We will continue to praise You in this process even in the valleys as we are so thankful for You being in charge! Please bless them as they need and as only You can!!!
love, mom
Praying...and admiring. That's really all there is to say. Love you guys.
ReplyDeleteI am w/ Becky...praying...and in awe of the dependence you both have on God and His plan for your life...down this crazy, long, windy a#$ road that leads you to parenthood! You both will be some of the most amazing parents EVER! I know it!
ReplyDeleteLove, Kara
Praying for you guys. There is nothing fun about that rollercoaster, but God does have the best plan in mind for you guys! depend on that! doesn't always seem like it in the process though.
ReplyDeleteJust wanted you to know too that we are praying. I know no words are comforting right now so I won't even try. I am just thankful for your transperency and willingness to still trust. I admire you both. Still praying!
ReplyDelete