Wednesday, December 29, 2010

And we're... waiting.

My goodness. I don't know what it is with us and waiting, but that's all we've been doing lately. We finally got some news today, but up until this point its been a lot of waiting and not a lot of information.

After not hearing anything back for several days, we finally heard from Youth For Christ about a week before Christmas. All they could tell us was that the person at the state who does the licensing approval had gone on vacation until January 1 and hadn't gotten to our file before she left, which meant we would have to wait until after New Year's to hear anything at all. She said normally it doesn't take this long, but for some reason it was just taking a long time for us. Hmmm... Anyway, at first I was really disappointed. I was hoping to have them here at Christmas or at least meet them by then. Furthermore, I wasn't scheduled to work at all beginning January 2 because I thought I would need that time to be at home with them. That was frustrating because I know I need to be working as much as possible until we have them. But, after all my anger and frustration subsided, I was able to see that maybe it was a blessing we were going to have to wait a little longer in that Justin and I could have a nice and peaceful Christmas together before things get crazy. And as far as work goes, I just couldn't let myself worry about that and trust that God would work it all out.

Today I heard from Youth For Christ again and was told that they had just heard from the state. Although we still have to wait until after the 1st to be officially licensed, the state did say that everything is approved and complete. Therefore, YFC told us that we should have the boys here by mid January! I don't know exactly what the transition will look like or any exact dates, but there is a time in site now. We were told that we should hear about our license this coming Monday.

So now its off to get another crib...

2 comments:

  1. ...my dear Melissa and Justin...
    What a time this is for you two to come together in anticipation of the family the Lord has for you at this time of your life. As dad and I were shopping the other day for the January birthdays I could not stop smiling about your gifts soon to arrive:) We do not know what lies ahead and as I have said before we are here for you two and the boys as needed in whatever way we can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin and Mel, you have been so faithful and patient in the midst of all this waiting. We are praying for you as you continue to wait and get things together. We can not wait for the post that says two little boys are in your home! May God richly bless you this year!

    ReplyDelete