Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Little Over One Month Ago...

A litte over one month ago...

...I had no idea how much our lives were about to change.

...I had no idea how detrimental a squeaky floor board could be.

...I never knew I would become excellent at picking other people's noses.

...I never knew how amazing of a dad my husband would be.

...I never knew how fun playing with two kids on the floor could be or how much a smile could mean.

...I didn't know I would be okay with being spit up on so many times throughout the day and night.

...I had no idea of how protective of a mom I'd be.

...I never knew I would buy a plastic table cloth (for indoors).

...I didn't realize how small our car is.

...I didn't know I would be so desperate to keep a child asleep that I would give a dog the 'hush' sign.

...I never thought I'd choose a nap over cleaning.

...I never knew there could be so much joy in feeding a baby at 3 in the morning.

...I never knew how difficult it could be hearing a baby scream at 3 in the morning.

...I didn't completely understand how much I desperately need God to be a good parent.

I didn't know it was possible to love two little boys so much who I just met.

But God knew it all and I guess that's why He worked it out the way He did.

3 comments:

  1. What a great post! I laughed at the squeaky floor one..SO true! Hope it is all going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, I have so enjoyed all of your posts, especially this one.

    I never new you could write so well :)

    Love you much, Aunt BeBe

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so special in many ways...
    The one of when you gave one of the dogs the 'hush' sign reminds me of the time Richard said to Kathryn, "And what have we learned today?"
    Kathryn thought and responded with a question, "What?" Richard, "Dogs don't talk." Well, as you could tell Richard, they may not talk but they sure know when to 'hush' ! :)
    Love you 'pumpkin'!

    ReplyDelete